5 regrets people had as they were dying. In summary, here they are:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
For those of us in ministry, death is all around us. We are called to bring gospel comfort to those who are dying. We cry, weep and bring comfort with those who have lost someone in death.
Death is not easy. And yet, as Christians, we want to live our lives in such us way that glorifies God in obedience and faithfulness and minimizes our regrets. We all certainly will move through life having accumulated regrets and disappointments along the way, but yet at the end of our life, when we stand before the Lord in glory - we yearn to ear the words from our Savior - "Well done, good and faithful servant." - Matt. 25:21