How do you as a church, ministry or nonprofit leader best get your message across to your audience. Here are a couple of pointers that might help:
- Speak to your audience – remember you are an insider...don't assume your audience knows and understands what you know.
- Tell them what you want them to do – be specific, don’t just ask for “help” or “support”
- Focus on benefits and outcomes – demonstrate how their support or efforts have made a difference
- Engage – don’t broadcast – communications messaging should encourage two-way communication
- Messages should be real time, relevant and remain flexible
- Show and tell – incorporate visuals to capture attention, help make an emotional connection and cut through the clutter
(ht: Wild Apricot)