Small groups can have value and may provide a loving, growing and caring missional community. But too often small groups just become another "program" that merely fills our time and takes our energy.
There may be reasons that you may want to consider quitting your small group...
1. If your group isn't serving together
2. If you don't connect with others in the group when you're not "officially" meeting
3. If the small group isn't developing growing disciples
4. If the group merely stays superficial
5. If it seems more like a chore rather than a delight.