- Do we have some mechanism for personally knowing our "sheep", if so - is it working?
- Do we have some way of knowing when people are not showing up at church?
- Are the pathways to connecting in our church clear and easy to navigate?
- Are we confronting cliquishness in our church?
- Are we burning out those in the church by allowing or causing them to over-serve or serve outside their gifting?
- Are we effectively and clearly communicating with our congregation?
- Is it at least possible that we are more at fault than we think?
- Have we contributed to their frustration by having made promises we didn’t deliver on?
- Are these critics who are negative toward the church generally critical and impossible to please?
(read entire post by Kevin DeYoung)