If you want people to attend your meetings. Here is what you need to do.
1. Start on time end on time – value their time.
2. 30% Fellowship/Relationship
3. 60% Inspiration/Vision/Values
4. 10% Information – Give people information other ways – email, facebook, blogs, texts etc...
5. Connect meetings to things they are already attending - work with their schedule, not against it.
6. Most leaders want to grow make your meeting about leadership growth not trivial facts.
If they know they are going to be poured into and challenged your volunteers and leaders will come back.
(ht: Sam Luce)