The Pew Forum was on hand at Cape Town 2010 conducting a survey of the participants from around the world. Since the survey was conducted during the most diverse gathering of Christian leaders in history, the value of the results could not be higher. You can check out the entire results by clicking HERE.
From the report are listed below a couple sobering statistics that seem to haven't received must attention in the executive summary that is presented at the above link.
1. 4% of respondents do not believe that Christianity is the one true faith.
2. 2% believe that the Bible is NOT the word of God.
3. 3% believe that life evolved via a process with which God was not involved.
4. 7% believe that God will grant health and wealth to those who have enough faith.
5. 3% believe that it is not essential to follow the teachings of Christ in order to be a good Evangelical Christian.
6. 4% say that believing in reincarnation is compatible with being a follower of Christ.
7. 5% say that it is okay to believe that Jesus is NOT the only way to salvation."
Remember these statistics came from not your run of the mill pew sitters, but rather from "evangelical leaders"! Do these statistics surprise you?