- Facebook currently boasts more than 600 million users.
- More than half of all American adults use the site regularly.
- The average Facebook user spends 20 hours a month on the site.
- While Twitter’s numbers are lower, its influence is still massive:
- Twitter has more than 200 million users.
- In an average week, 1 billion tweets are posted.
- Twitter has been cited as inciting protests and revolutions in Egypt, Iran and other places around the world.
With these stats and trends, why is it that so many churches and ministries are ambivalent or clumsy in their approach and engagement with social media?
Social media channels like Facebook and Twitter are the Areopagus of the 21st Century. (Acts 17)