1. Don’t leave a church out of your personal discontent - can the issues be worked through? Try to resolve before you run.
2. Don’t leave a church because you transferred your own personal frustrations and baggage there. Maybe the issues aren't the church, perhaps they are you. And no matter what church you run to, you will always be taking YOU along.
3. Don’t leave a church because your feelings got hurt. We are always going to get hurt and hurt others - especially when we get close to each other. It takes courage to work through the hurt and pain. You will grow when you confront asking and receiving forgiveness from others.
4. Don’t leave a church over trivial criticisms and issues. Is the issue that you are worked up about a secondary issue or merely an opinion or preference? If you keep leaving churches over trivial issues - the cycle of church hopping will never end.
5. Avoid leaving a church merely over its style. Church should be a family - a relationship that shouldn't be easily discarded. Styles come and go and can easily change - it's much harder to replace the relational investments of your church family.