I just had a conversation with Jackson Healthcare about their new Charity initiative, MedicalMissions.org.
It is a new venture for them, the Jackson family are people of faith - and they have a strong desire to not only provide medical care, but also do it for the under-resourced and needy throughout the U.S and the world.
They are hiring a Business Development Associate for this new initiative, and I thought the readers of Ministry Best Practices might benefit in knowing about this opportunity.
Below is a description of the job, responsibilities and qualifications:
Medicalmissions.org connects volunteers with organizations sponsoring medical missions. Our goal is to match motivated healthcare professionals with health-related volunteer opportunities and medical mission opportunities. Organizations can post short or long-term volunteer opportunities, as well as medical mission work that span the globe. Our services are 100% free for both volunteers and organizations.
The Business Development Associate is primarily responsible for the identification and recruitment of mission partners, as well as to expand relationships with existing mission partners. This role is responsible for increasing the number and quality of MedicalMissions.org mission partners.
- Identify, attract, and gain opportunity postings for mission partners
- Prospect for new partners using cold calling techniques, lead sources and developing creative ways to target and contact potential MedicalMissions.org partners
- Maintain and renew existing partners by creating long lasting relationships and initiating regular contact by phone and email
- Assist in the implementation of partners as they post open opportunities on our site
- Assist providers in using the site and finding an opportunity match
- Able to work independently, use company reporting tools, and manage status update process
- Entrepreneurial approach to business development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to present and “close” on prospects
- Experience working in healthcare or faith based missions a plus
- 1-2 years professional B2B sales experience
- Superior communication skills
- Self starter with strong initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A four year degree
Exceptional Benefits Package
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance within 30 days
- Health and Dependent Care Personal Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company sponsored 401K plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Outstanding company culture!
Jackson Healthcare Charities is thrilled to offer our free assistance with your efforts to recruit qualified clinicians for your medical missions and health-related volunteer work.
We're eager to invite our extensive database of healthcare professionals to create a profile on MedicalMissions.org and start searching for the right opportunity. However, before we officially launch the site, we want to ensure we have a wide range of opportunities posted. So, we encourage you to post your need on our site and help us build a database of health-related volunteer opportunities and medical mission work.
Here is a link to their press release about this new initiative
Here is a link to their job posting.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.