There is no escaping it, pastors and ministry leaders are busy people. And although much of that busyness may be justified - a leader must guard themselves but becoming burned out.
This is a great post from Mark Batterson. He discusses 10 ways for pastors and ministry leaders to create margin in their life. Here is his list:
1) Use all of your vacation days. You owe it to yourself and your family.What would you add to this?
2) Protect your day off religiously.
3) Don't schedule meetings on certain days or before certain hours.
4) Delegate more responsibility.
5) Only check email during designated times during the day.
6) Get up earlier in the morning.
7) Schedule meetings with God and yourself.
8) Turn off the TV.
9) Get out of your organizational context and go to a conference.
10) Hit the gym. You don't have enough time or energy NOT to work out.