Here they are, shouted from the mountain top!
- Thou Shalt Be Social
- Thou Shalt Be Willing to Try it, you may Like it
- Thou Shalt Upload Profile picture for Facebook
- Thou Shalt Retweet
- Thou Shalt Add Value
- Thou Shalt Set Alerts
- Thou Shalt Comment - stop being a lurker!
- Thou Shalt Friend back everyone who Friends you
- Thou Shalt Explore Social Media
- Thou Shalt Have Fun
1. Be social..this is "social" networking after all. It is about having a conversation.
2. Be willing to try new social media things. I didn't understand or think that I'd like Twitter...but I tried it for a while...just to see. And now I am glad I did.
3. The least you can do with Facebook is upload a profile picture...people like to see who they are talking to...it's easy to get a picture up there...do it!
4. Someone got something good to say...give them credit and the spotlight...retweet them in Twitter or give them a hat tip (ht) on your blog.
5. Contribute something...help out others...encourage people...don't just take, take, take or ask, ask, ask!
6. Set automated alerts..find out what people are saying in social media about you, your organization or your favorite subject.
7. Get out of the shadows, and participate...be involved.
8. If people friend you on Twitter...friend them back. It doesn't cost you anything, except maybe the chance to make a new friend, new customer or new business/ministry contact.
9. You don't have to let social media to take over your life in order to get involved. Just give it a little time...you'll find that even a little time with it, will pay off big dividends.
10. Have fun with it. Be creative and funny when you tweet. Relax and enjoy social networking.
(ht: Fast Company for this idea and graphic)