The need for measurements within any organization may seem obvious to many, however, more often than not, it's overlooked as being unnecessary by many leaders of churches.
Measurements of success, such as counting numbers and defining outcomes can be seen by some as being unspiritual...but I would argue that it is not!
Defining clear measurements and success criteria is being wise and actually will allow you to use the people, money and facilities God has given the church more effectively.
Let's look at the top 7 reasons why your organization needs to measure its results:
1. Measurement clarifies expectations.
2. Measurement increases objectivity.
3. Measurement focuses attention and allocation of resources.
4. Measurement promotes consistency.
5. Measurement facilitates feedback.
6. Measurement improves decision-making.
7. Measurement provides an opportunity to promote change.