1. Opportunity (Acts 16:6-10; 20:22)
2. Need (Matt. 9:37)
3. Desire (Ps. 40:8)
4. Godly Counsel (Prov. 15:22)
5. Willingness (Acts 20:24, Ps. 37:4)
Click through to read her explanations for each of these points.
Welcome to our site. Our mission and dedication is to equip leaders for innovative ministry. Look. Explore. Share.
The sermon starts in the parking lot, and the impression you make for your guests on Sunday morning during the first 10 minutes will be indelible.
Leveraging technology for ministry can be an incredible asset and blessing. But it can also be fraught with problems and pitfalls. Learn how to use tech well.
Our God longs for leaders to request of Him to do that which they cannot. Faith filled vision is a key and essential ingredient for ministry.
You know and understand how challenging it is to communicate. It is hard to get and capture people's attention. Learn how to communicate effectively.
Being creative means asking the right questions and making new associations. Discover new and creative ideas.
This year, I left my church due to heavy-handed leadership issues. I would recommend people start their 90-day exit plan now.
1. Find a new church FIRST by asking other people who left years ago where they are now.
2. Set a meeting with the pastor at the new church you wish to attend. Ask how you can fit in. Explain the ministries you've been part of and ask if they need your help.Would you add anything to George's comments and thoughts?
3. If you are a volunteer, find someone to take your place at the old church. If you run a ministry, shut it down during a logical time (Summer, or at the end of the curriculum or end of month or year).
4. Quietly disappear. Don't confront leadership, especially if they are heavy-handed. They will try to meet with you but that's only to bully your, or failing to do that they will pretend to take your comments to heart, but will actually start marginalizing and backstabbing you. It's best to just slip out the back door, and enjoy your new life and ministry.
I wasted 2 years of ministry time at my church trying to make the pastors sensitive to certain issues. I should have gone to another church that had the same vision that God had given me. I could have ministered to dozens more people had I left earlier.
Blessings to you, George